UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be part of something daring and bold and help rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group!
We're changing the landscape of health care with people like you, who really know how to get down to business. When you join us at UnitedHealth Group as a Senior Business Process Analyst, you will use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling and improving business processes. You will solve complex problems as you serve as a resource to others on your elite team. You will create process design, project implementation, diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions. You will also provide quality reporting, analysis, audits, and develop plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement. You'll be in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people live healthier lives.
As a key member of the UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits organization, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. This position is responsible for end-to-end process activities in the Program Development team - creating, controlling and improving business processes. As a Senior Business Process Analyst, you will lead project implementation and process design for driving enhancements to the overall dental model and the advancement of the overall affordability agenda. Other duties will include project documentation, business configuration and other project work as assigned. This is a diverse role in a fast-paced forward-thinking environment with constant opportunities to grow, learn and expand your skill sets.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Maryland preferred.
- Possess solid analytical skills to acquire thorough understanding of business needs and translate them into process, project and operational requirements
- Independently and proactively identify issues, and/or collaborates with department management
- Define, analyze and study financial and operational issues and data
- Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness by researching, analyzing internal and/or external industry trends, markets and other operational benchmarks
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, and simulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Develop and/or improve performance indicators, tools, techniques
- Manage changing priorities and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Document system processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS/BA in business or related field
- 3+ years of business analysis or operations experience within a managed care organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of claims processing in Facets or other dental claims processing applications
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- MS/MBA degree
- Dental insurance experience
- Data analysis experience working with relational database management system such as SQL, Sybase, SAS, etc.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Experiencing working in a matrix-style organization
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Analysis, MD, Maryland, Business Process Analyst, Health Insurance, Claims Processing, Facets, Dental Claims, Data Analysis, Business Process, Analyst, SQL, Sybase, SAS, Dental Insurance, Healthcare, Managed Care, IL, Illinois, Chicago, TX, Texas, Dallas, GA, Georgia, Atlanta, UHG, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote