Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Seeking a confident health lawyer to be in-house counsel at a large and growing health care company. The position will be the Clinical Legal Lead within Optum Care Services, a large, dynamic and growing group of services providing care and care coordination principally through nurse practitioners to members of Medicare Advantage plans in both home and post-acute settings. Candidates should have at least 8 years of experience practicing in the health care industry, preferably representing health care providers and/or Medicare Advantage health plans. The position requires strong knowledge of state and federal health laws, including Medicare Advantage, provider, network, and clinical issues (e.g., scope of practice, licensing, collaboration and supervision of mid-level practitioners). Position will involve working directly with business clients of the organization, collaborating with colleagues across the nation, and regulatory compliance.
Successful candidate will be part of a collaborative team of attorneys and support staff in a growing health care business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overseeing the delivery of clinical legal services and related support to Optum Care Services
- Collaborating with colleagues across the UnitedHealth Group legal department
- Proactively identifying and resolving clinical legal and related matters impacting Optum Care Services
- Assisting in the review, preparation and negotiation of various documents and contracts associated with the Optum Care Services business
- Participating in and leading negotiations with key customers and vendors
- Developing best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks
- Supporting Optum Care Services in the development and delivery of new products
- Working in partnership with the Compliance team
- Counseling senior management on strategic business initiatives
- Managing outside counsel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 8+ years of legal experience, with prior law firm and inhouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal health care, insurance, privacy and related laws
- Knowledge of provider healthcare issues, including scope of practice, collaboration, supervision and licensure
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage law and regulatory issues
- Experience building rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to independently make decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Associate General Counsel, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote