Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group and a key leader across most major segments of the U.S. health care system. For you, that means working on high performance, elite teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Administrative Assistant in this function include more traditional administrative/clerical support roles including: answering the telephone, typing/word processing of documents, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, copying, faxing, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, and coordinating building and equipment maintenance. At senior levels, function may include supervision of other clerical/administrative staff.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and completes work to meet established objectives
- May coordinate work of other team members
- Create / maintain calendars / coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Create / prepare meeting materials (e.g., PowerPoint deck; agendas) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or set up resources and technology (e.g., conference rooms; food; WebEx; Telepresence) needed for meetings/events (e.g., training)
- Make travel arrangements (e.g., airline; hotel; ground transportation; office space assignment) for meeting attendees (e.g., external customers; executives)
- Host, coordinate, and/or facilitate meetings / external events as needed (e.g., introduce speakers; manage PowerPoint deck; ensure time schedules are adhered to; assist with technology; take notes)
- Ensure meeting participants (e.g., external customers; executives) have appropriate access to facilities and systems (e.g., issue security badges; request building access; internet access)
- Plan and organize logistics of large and/or offsite events, using internal resources as needed (e.g., UHC Maxvantage Meeting Teams)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Microsoft, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience with the Procurement process
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Administrative Assistant, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH