UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Account Manager, Government Dental is responsible for the day to day and end to end management and service needs of Government Programs clients by ensuring accurate and timely implementation and maintenance of all operational aspects of our contracts. The Account Manager will use his/her strong business analysis skills to work with our internal clients to gather the necessary requirements for successful product implementations and issue resolutions. In addition, they will work as an account manager accountable for the maintenance, growth and overall customer satisfaction for their book of business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as the primary Dental point of contact for multiple managed care clients
- Build strong client relationships to ensure successful, end to end dental program management
- Establish dental benefit packages in alignment with Medicaid and Medicare regulations and client contracts and ensure ongoing alignment
- Collaborate and coordinate between all of the different departments that support our clients to meet ongoing business and project requirements; this includes Vendors, Clinical, Professional Networks, Provider Services, Call Centers, Finance, Legal, Auditors, Reporting team, Compliance and external parties
- Facilitate the resolution of any issues, enhancements or process changes that arise during the course of day to day operations
- Host and document (via agendas and minutes) all cross-departmental and organizational meetings as required to support the ongoing business, project, and client requirements
- Manage project plans, user acceptance testing, document requirements and supporting documentation
- Proactively meet with health plan personnel and determine current and future business and regulatory needs
- Perform ongoing desk audits to ensure supporting client documentation is up to date (benefit setup, provider manuals, QRGs, plan summaries, org charts, etc.)
- Coordinate all reporting needs for each assigned client
- Identify process improvement and cost savings opportunities when appropriate
- Partner with the Clinical Department and Vendor to ensure there is support during Member Fair Hearings and provider complaint requests
- Coordinate file preparation and participation in regulatory audits
- Facilitate Ad Hoc requests (i.e., claim projects/ research, eligibility research, utilization, network issues, reports, output verification, etc.) for completion in a timely manner
- Support clinical initiative (i.e., HEDIS, ER Diversion, ECC, Dental Home) project work as needed
- Ensure timely response to clients on all requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree
- 2+ years of account management or client-facing experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of business analysis experience with demonstrated ability to gather undefined or unclear requirements utilizing strong probing skills (this is not a financial analysis role, financial analyst need not apply)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years healthcare insurance experience
- Experience with dental insurance
- A solid understanding of ADA codes and general dental terminology
- Vendor management and oversight experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Account Manager Client Service, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote