Advertising at Amazon is a fast-growing business that spans across desktop, mobile, video and connected devices. Amazon Demand Side Platform (DSP) enables thousands of advertisers to deliver several billion ad impressions everyday to a network of hundreds of thousands of third party publishers. The 3P Supply Quality group has the charter to deliver high quality ad impressions on the Amazon DSP by providing a wide selection of traffic quality, viewability and brand safety pre-bid targeting and post impression measurement products from trusted 3P vendors.
The 3P Supply Quality team leverages cutting edge open source technologies and the latest AWS services to process billions of ad impressions to deliver high quality customer experience to advertisers on the Amazon DSP. You are expected to be proficient in Big Data technologies and distributed systems to build low latency realtime services and data processing systems handling petabytes of data. We are looking for a senior engineering leader to lead 3P Measurement and Reporting on the Amazon DSP. You will manage a team of engineers to define and deliver the vision for providing Amazon DSP advertisers with the best in class measurement and reporting products from 3P vendors. You will collaborate with product and impact strategy, partner with the teams across Amazon that drive our flywheel, work with customers to unpack their needs, and deliver software that delights advertisers.
This role is based in Palo Alto and will involve collaboration with partner teams and vendors across the US, India, and UK, spread across multiple time zones.
Key job responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving product and engineering goal definitions, business requirements for product releases, engineering design, implementation and delivery.
- Simplifying and solving for complex, inter-dependent customer and business opportunities.
- Deep interactions with customers and field teams - work directly with customers, internal stakeholders, sales and business development managers across Amazon Advertising
- Hiring, leading and mentoring engineers
- Product operations - Monitor customer feedback, response, and metrics. Develop plans to support growth and to enable the business to scale efficiently.
- Influencing senior leaders across Amazon - proactively communicate program vision, customer impact, progress and plans, and align with Amazon's core principles.
- You will bring great customer obsession, effective engineering management expertise, and your ability simplify to solve complex technology problems, along with your strong communication and collaboration skills.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Proven track record of hiring and building high-performance teams and managing cross-functional projects.
- Ability to lead the design of large-scale engineering systems
- Experience in owning and operating business-critical applications and services
- Ability to manage operational health in terms of relevant KPIs and mechanisms for improvement.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in digital advertising technologies covering supply or demand-side ad products
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills - experience in writing and presenting comprehensive narratives on opportunity, objectives, goals, and delivery plans to customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and translate emerging trends and customer needs into workable product proposals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. - provided by Dice