About The Role
10x Genomics is seeking a Science Writer, Marketing, based in Pleasanton, CA*, with a background in life science research and genomics, genetics, bioinformatics, or application of next-generation sequencing. The ideal candidate will have extensive scientific writing and creative storytelling experience.
The Science Writer, Marketing is primarily responsible for development of content across the department, including scientific and marketing communications, as well as development of advertising, promotional, and technical materials to support campaign and new product launch plans. This role reports to the Manager Marketing Communications in the Channel and Content Marketing department. The person in this role will develop captivating content that enhances our brand voice and aligns with the company’s strategy. A scientific background and experience in the single cell genomics and/or in situ market and next generation sequencing (NGS) will make you an excellent candidate for this position.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop content strategies and plans to assist in establishing positioning statements and messaging strategies for marketing campaigns and product launches
- Establish standards and support the process of crafting messaging statements for marketing campaigns and product launches
- Develop, draft, and edit short and long form content including eBooks, brochures, flyers, experiment planning guides, researcher interviews, publication summaries, advertorials, blogs, social media posts, videos scripts, plus print and digital ads
- Create headlines, taglines, messaging statements, narratives, campaign copy, and clear CTAs to support marketing campaigns and product launches
- Identify creative ways to repurpose technical content for marketing purposes
- Understand and apply reader-centered copywriting principles and apply these to the creation of scientific and marketing materials
- Understand principles of writing for the web, including search engine optimization and search engine marketing
- Coordinate routing and review of literature in compliance with 10x Genomics Document Control requirements
- Follow 10x Genomics voice and tone in development of scientific and technical content, as well as marketing tactics. Review and evaluate content for compliance with desired message, voice, tone, and style
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team to generate creative concepts and align copy ideas
- Work collaboratively in a team environment composed of Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, Designers, Marcomm Operations, and Regional Marketing teams, along with external agencies and contractors to help build whole story communications for inbound and outbound campaigns and programs
- Review publications for annotations, create website summary statements and summarize key publications, monthly for Senior Staff
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Background in life sciences. Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field (such as molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, biomedical, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or computational biology)
- Proven knowledge of single cell and/or in situ methods, NGS products and market, along with understanding the buying influences of scientific customers. Ability to understand and interpret genetic/genomic data required
- More than 3 years writing experience related to scientific, diagnostic, or medical content
- Demonstrated writing skills, with focus on clear, concise communication to targeted technical audiences
- Knowledge of scientific publication regulations and best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated success in creating and delivering effective presentations to senior-level audiences
- Collaborative teamwork and leadership track record, ability to form, maintain, and lead productive cross-functional working teams who complete projects on deadline
- PhD, or other advanced degree is preferred, in a relevant field (such as molecular biology, genetics, biomedical, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or computational biology)
- Wet lab experience running molecular and/or genomic assays
- Knowledge of GSuite, Atlassian/Confluence and Internet proficiencies are preferred
- Experience writing content optimized for search engine rankings. Adobe, InDesign, and html experience a plus
- Ability to accurately translate technical or scholarly information into accessible and persuasive language are required
- Familiarity with internal and external communications tools and channels (such as social media, WordPress, Google Drive, Workfront, etc.) Experience with Workfront or comparable project management system and digital asset management system
- Will consider remote candidates with the expectation of travel to home office at least 2 times/year.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.