This Jobot Job is hosted by: Amanda Green
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client is a leading community bank!
Why join us?
Employment at our client will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Government Guaranteed Lending Department (SBA) Business Development Officer is responsible for soliciting, and developing loan transaction within the SBA 7(A), 504, and USDA B&I loan programs. These transactions are to be in compliance with the Bank’s and the specific Agencies’ lending policies and procedures; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations; and refer customers to the appropriate staff for other services offered by the Bank. The position of SBA Business Development Officer is responsible for assisting in attaining his or her established production goals, as well as, department and Bank goals through active participation officer calling programs, and provides guidance and support to less experienced loan officers and other staff members.
What you will do?
• Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business targeting the Government Guaranteed Lending sector and is actively involved in the sales environment. Must be able to self-source eligible loans.
• Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
• Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of the specific program requirements, Bank credit culture, and current economic and industry trends.
• Meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions.
• Drafts proposal letters and facilitates the exchange of information and documentation where request by underwriter or management which are necessary to complete the loan analysis for presentation to Senior Management or Directors’ Loan Committee.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the SBA S.O.P., and other regulation manuals and the like, to maintain a functioning knowledge of the Government Guaranteed Loan Programs.
• Coordinates with loan processor / closer and loan underwriter to assist with any customer needs throughout the loan transaction.
• Contributes to the overall profitability of the department and bank; implements costs controls, income generation, and department marketing efforts; monitors expenses to ensure compliance with the department budget.
• Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
• Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
• Cross sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
• Provides leadership and training to less experienced loan officers and other staff members.
• Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
• Consistently applies superior decision-making techniques pertaining to inquiries, and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
• Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel, if the need arises.
• Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned branch staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross trained staff.
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
• Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
• Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
Who you are?
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from an accredited college or university; 3 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
• Basic experience, knowledge and / or training in Government Guaranteed Lending.
• Experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
• Advanced knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
• Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
• Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.