GlobalSource IT is a niche recruiting company focused on SAP and related technical areas. Our client is a Global food processing company and is looking for an IT Technical Service Manager - Supply Chain Management. This is a full remote direct-hire position. This candidate will have the opportunity to lead the continuous improvement and innovation process for support/enhancement using internal resources, third party strategic service partners and managed service providers. The client has an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. Please see below for additional details. Thanks for reviewing!
The IT Technical Service Manager - Supply Chain Management role leads the continuous improvement and innovation process for support/enhancement using internal resources, third party strategic service partners, and managed service providers. Effective partnership and teamwork with IT partners and all other IT service teams is a key success factor. This position will also work closely with the Infrastructure Team to ensure optimal performance for all business applications. This position will oversee the technical design, enhancement, and incident support/resolution process as well as the change process and assure the products are appropriately managed. This role will be critical to business support and system implementations to ensure IT and its service partners are providing on-going support for daily operations. By leveraging his/her technical knowledge, experience, leadership skills, and positive attitude, and understanding of cross-functional relationships, this individual will help deliver process and technology within in a global environment.
- Manage application day-to-day support processes and be the primary point of contact.
- Drive the relationship/partnership (In conjunction with the BRM) with key Business partners in order to provide relevant insights, expertise and advice on application enhancement/support.
- Oversee the Planning, Production Execution and Warehouse Management systems/teams to ensure the Business’ operations are stable and meeting business requirements.
- Responsible for the Service Vendor Technical business partner relationship (Contract/SLA management, Personnel integration with the business and collaboration with Partner Managers on resource productivity/issues).
- Oversee new architectural designs and enhancements and improve both Technical functionality and Business process improvement.
- Oversee application production environments with documented protocols and procedures - change management, release management, problem management and incident management.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Integration teams to ensure communication, server, network and integration tools/services are stable and meeting business requirements.
- Communicate updates with progress on open requests and work with management team to coordinate any planned resource needs for design, testing and implementation support.
- Serve as Business and IT teams’ main point of contact for any critical system performance issues. Communicate issues impacting daily operations and provide updates on resolution. Work with the Business and IT teams to ensure performance issues are resolved and communicate any identified business impact.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position of IT Supply Chain based leadership to include team development and management, with specific emphasis and deep working knowledge/experience in the effective technical support of IT applications, required.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software and systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development and transition into production operations and maintenance.
- Ability to lead and manage under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty. Proven organizational skills in working across organizational boundaries and reporting lines - ability to work in a matrix environment as required.
- Experience supporting/managing an ERP/SAP environment (and/or other 3rd party) in multiple Supply Chain related products/modules (MM, PP, LE, WM, TM), as well as non-SAP systems in Planning, WM integrated with SAP.
- Experience designing/managing in SAP technical environments - ABAP/.net extensions, middleware technologies such as Process Orchestration (PO) and including a working knowledge of EDI.
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to details.
- Strong leadership and management skills that align with the Smithfield culture. Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Experience with project management, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Responsible for supervision of a team of Technical Leads and Analysts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.