Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. Roles are responsible for providing telephonic clinical assessments utilizing approved medical protocols per policy and recommending an appropriate level of clinical care based on clinical judgment and protocols.
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors.
- Impact of work is most often at the local level
Job Scope & Leveling:
- Sets team direction, resolves problems, and provides guidance to members of own team.
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities.
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external).
- Works with local clinical practice managers, providers and office support staff
- Works directly with local CMO, OptumCare CMO, and OptumCare compliance
Functional Job Competencies:
- Phone triage plans and implements the overall nursing polices, procedures, and services for the call center
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention, and selection of clinical and non-clinical staff
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development of personnel
- Defines roles, responsibilities, and functions of the triage nurse positions
- Conducts performance evaluations, and provides overall supervision of the triage team including but not limited to staff phone monitoring, reviewing/updating policy and procedures, and assessing staff call time ratios
- Interacts with Primary Care Offices and Managers to ensure call center needs and office needs are met
- Works flexible schedule to allow assessment and supervision of afterhours triage staff (evenings and weekends). In addition, may participate in identified management meetings held during normal business hours
- Ability to manage conflict resolution among physicians, clinical and non-clinical staff and patient families
- Maintains a program of professional, personal growth and development
This is a fast call center environment. Department hours of operations: 8PM – 8AM supporting various time zones. RNs night shifts including required rotating weekends and some holidays will be determined by the business.
This is a telecommute position that requires an active Registered Nurse compact license. Candidates must be able to easily obtain additional non-compact state licenses upon request
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or a related field (Eight additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Registered Nurse (RN).
- At least 5 years work experience in management in a Nurse Triage call center environment / Customer support / service environment.
- Ability to multi-task and to work around scheduled deadlines within a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Ability to prioritize and display aptitude for good decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive frame of mind.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Call Center Night Manager, Optum, Healthcare, Bilingual, RN, Registered Nurse, Supervisor, Manager, ER Nurse, ED RN, Urgent Care RN, Pediatric RN, Telecommute, RMG, Triage, Call Center, Triage, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Secaucus, NJ, New Jersey, Tampa, FL, Florida