At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Regional Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for employee relations, employment compliance, unemployment claims, and monitoring of employment status for the employees of that designated area. With a focus on investigations, manager and supervisor training, and compliance. This position will ensure all recruitment processes, practices, compliance, technology, and tools are used in the field to maintain stated region goals pertaining to non-billable overtime (NBOT), Security Officer Turnover, and Account Manager Turnover.
- Investigation of, response to, and documentation of employee complaints, including potential legal issues, EEOC charges, and focus groups.
- Monitoring of NBOT; Working with Recruiters in finding proactive solutions in staffing positions.
- Monitoring and assuring compliance in hiring practices, personnel documentation, and other compliance items (e.g. licensing, performance evaluations, LDW report, etc.).
- Training of account managers and supervisors in employee relations, positive employment practices, and avoidance of legal issues.
- Monitoring of employee terminations, assessment of documentation supporting terminations, and responses to the Department of Labor for unemployment claims.
- Participation in employee retention and human capital management activities.
- Coach Managers, HR designees, and others who have HR responsibilities within a district office.
- Oversee employee relations and claims management activities throughout the designated area, assuring that investigations are handled and documented appropriate to negating a lawsuit.
- Support the Regional HR Director and Legal team on sensitive investigations.
- Assure compliance with programs are being appropriately administered regarding licensing, I-9s, leaves of absences, vacations, personnel file maintenance, status changes, performance evaluations, terminations, etc.
- Develop, in conjunction with Branch Manager/ General Manager and HR Director, plans to reduce overtime and turnover
- Assist in development of managers through training on labor law, ER processes, and skills. Help Managers write development programs for managers with performance issues.
- Improve work environment and employee relations through effective customer service and various measures, including complaint investigation, grievance resolution, focus groups, etc., as appropriate to the situation and the Concern Resolution Policy.
- Ensure that corporate policies are appropriately enforced and implemented.
- Assure that appropriate information is communicated with and to the District Managers and the Regional HR Director.
- Travel regularly throughout designated area to interact with and gain confidence of district support and operations personnel, and to investigate particularly serious allegations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with a minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist experience.
- PHR Certification preferred, but not required.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to train and explain to managers the basics in employment law for better understanding and supervisory ability.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.AUS.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.
Requisition ID: 2022-816271