Work You'll Do
Industry-leading clients. An award-winning culture. Top notch connections. Big opportunities. At Deloitte, you'll work with the best in the business to solve the toughest problems in business. From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level. Deloitte's Real Estate & Location Strategy offering helps organizations create value with every real estate and location decision - enhancing strategies for real estate footprints, workplace, and the corporate real estate function and combining them with the latest real estate, location and workplace analytics technologies.
As a Manager within our Real Estate & Location Strategy team, you will:
- Develop real estate portfolio optimization strategies
- Design Corporate Real Estate (CRE), Facilities Management (FM), or workplace operating models, organizational structures, and service delivery models
- Deliver CRE and FM outsourcing / insourcing consulting services, including strategy development, contract evaluation, and RFI / RFP process management
- Enhance CRE, FM, or workplace business processes and workflows across the corporate real estate life cycle (portfolio management, transaction management, design & construction, space & move management, facilities / amenities management, etc.)
- Design and implement workplace strategies, digital workplace technology / smart building / IoT strategies, and workforce mobility / "work from anywhere" programs
- Deliver CRE, FM, or workplace technology platform advisory services, including strategy development, requirements development, vendor / solution evaluation, and implementation support
- Lead engagement planning, day-to-day management of engagement teams and day-to-day interactions with clients
- Define deliverable structure and content, and direct on-time, quality delivery of work products;
- Support the development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents and participate in public speaking events
- Perform role of counselor and coach, and provide input and guidance into staffing, recruitment and retention activities;
Our Real Estate & Location Strategy team works as trusted advisors to Corporate Real Estate leaders, CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop corporate real estate strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve real estate portfolio cost and performance, and create impacts within their organizations' workplace and culture.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 8+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBA with 6+ years relevant work experience is acceptable
- Management consulting and/or industry experience across corporate real estate and facilities management is required
- Understanding of key corporate real estate industry trends
- Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong financial, data and analytical skills (Microsoft Excel, SQL) including business case development experience
- A proven track record of successfully delivering professional services
- Travel 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- MBA or other advance degree (Master's or PhD) with a focus on real estate, workplace, engineering, or architecture
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor and counsel junior staff
- Language fluency (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin)
- Familiarity with real estate related information technologies and platforms: such as IWMS, EAM, Smart Building eco-systems
- Experience with analytics to evaluate and optimize business processes