Remote/Onsite Hybrid Work Model - Well Established Land Conservation Non-Profit in NYC
This Jobot Job is hosted by Eddie Bellanca
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $80,000 - $90,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Our client protects scenic, natural, and historic landscapes to ensure public enjoyment, conserve habitats, and sustain community character. They achieve its goals through land acquisition, conservation easements, loan and grant programs, creative partnerships, and analytical research.
The Paralegal will work closely with all members of the Legal Department as well as other staff members in the Land, Conservation Capital, Stewardship, and Finance Departments. The Paralegal will also work to ensure the smooth operation of the Legal Department on a day-to-day basis.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary
- 90% company paid health plan for employee AND family
- Employee profit sharing
- Flexible Hours
- Very generous PTO
- Small team, autonomy
- Many more great perks!
- Works directly with grantee organizations to collect and compile relevant documentation of land transactions for review;
- Assists the Legal Department with the evaluation of title, survey, environmental investigation and other matters related to the acquisition and disposition of land and interests in land;
- Assists in the preparation of all closing documents necessary to close a transaction and including coordination with outside counsel for the landowner and public agency staff;
- Assists in the preparation of option agreements, purchase and sale agreements, grant agreements, conservation easements, leases, and escrow instructions;
- Administers Legal Department meetings and reports on behalf of the staff during full staff meetings; and
- Performs administrative tasks such as schedule management, expense submission, mailing of original documents, record keeping, filing, closing binder creation, and tracking of attorney requests as needed.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.