Location: San Jose, CA
Team: Program Management - Program Management Team /
Work Type: Full-Time
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services has an exciting opportunity for a talented Quality Assurance Manager !
Quality Assurance Manager - About the position:
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance to standards and evaluation outcomes measures. The Quality Assurance Manager ensures agency wide access is made available regularly for feedback from all of Hope's stakeholders. Assures ongoing development of services and systems toward the highest regulatory and accreditation standards.
Quality Assurance Manager - Essential Functions
1. Monitors ongoing changes in industry wide standards, develops process for implementing changes and communication of information throughout the agency for improved organizational systems and supports.
2. Provide leadership in quality standards for program services. Assembles outcome reports based on the agency program outcomes reporting system and presents these to management and the Board of Directors.
3. Maintains ongoing efforts to keep all programs and services in compliance with annual updates of CARF standards. Leads review teams for implementation of new standards.
4. Assess Quality Assurance (QA), and Risk Management (RM) needs and trends for Hope Services by reviewing current practices and gathering, compiling, maintaining, and evaluating data related to employees, services performed, serious incident reports and client feedback.
5. Analyze all recommended client disciplinary actions at the suspension or termination levels to analyze trends and make recommendations, review all non-disciplinary discharges to identify and implement appropriate follow up strategies.
6. Cooperates and collaborates with other management team members in the ongoing development, direction and management of the quality of care with appropriate utilization of service delivery.
7. Coordinate review, preparation, update, and distribution of standards, policies and procedures to ensure that standards of Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDS) and other regulatory agencies are met.
8. Oversee quality and utilization monitoring activities and care coordination.
9. Ensures that all pertinent and appropriate paperwork is on file and up to date.
10. Monitor to ensure that all staff requiring licensure, certification, registration, and/or waivers have current credentials on file.
11. Participate in resolving unusual or complex interdepartmental problems as they relate to the delivery of quality client care.
12. Analyze population data and utilization trends, adjusting utilization management strategies based on these analyses.
13. Assure ongoing appropriate utilization of services through continuous measurement and evaluation. Identify and monitor key performance indicators (KPI's) for all programs.
14. Evaluate the effectiveness of the quality and utilization management programs consistent with standards.
15. Assure quality management activities regarding client care delivery systems, policies and procedures, as well as performance and outcomes.
16. Chairs or participates in departmental or agency-wide committees related to quality improvement, care standards, and/or safety/risk management.
17. Communicate and coordinate/act as liaison with managers and staff throughout Hope Services, regulatory agencies, relevant professional associations, County and other contract agencies.
18. Maintain competence and knowledge of current trends in care standards and regulatory, accreditation and Quality Assurance/Improvement topic; participates in continuing education activities for professional growth, licensure and certification requirements.
19. Develop, implement and evaluate continuing education/in-service training programs based on QA findings and to enhance staff knowledge on various QA/RM related topics.
20. Coordinate/conduct in-service training for managers and staff on changes in laws/regulations and standards and staff trainings that enhance client services.
21. Develops recommendations to appropriate agency personnel that will continuously improve client services and increase client choice.
22. Prepare quarterly reports on trend activity that includes incidents and grievances.
23. Directs investigations on incidents, analyzes results, and recommends remediation plans.
24. Assist with Needs Assessments in the development of new programs.
25. Assure compliance with confidentiality and safety standards.
26. Follow established agency policies and procedures and represent the agency when conducting/attending meetings as assigned.
27. Perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of services to HOPE clients.
Quality Assurance Manager - Minimum Qualifications
Preferred Masters degree in rehabilitation plus two years experience in a rehabilitation environment working with persons with developmental disabilities, or Bachelors Degree in human services plus two years working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment, or an approved equivalent combination of experience and education. Proficient knowledge of CARF standards is highly desirable.
Quality Assurance Manager - Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database and spreadsheet
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing, and provide excellent customer service.
3. Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction toward program and agency goals and vision, and facilitate quality delivery of services and products to a wide range of internal and external customers.
4. Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision, planning, fiscal management, fair employment practices, regulations, safety, health and client rights.
5. Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
6. Knowledge of rehabilitation and program development, relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
7. Ability to work independently and as a team member, relate to individuals with disabilities and their families, represent Hope Services in the social, business and community environment in which the agency functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to engage in office work which includes periods of intense concentration, phone and computer work. Constant review of documentation and reports, frequent interruption. Periods of travel to other locations, exposure to outdoor conditions. Significant time spent in face-to-face communications with internal and external customers. Occasionally required to lift/transport materials to Hope locations and meetings up to 25 lbs. and push/pull objects up to 50 lbs. must be able to sit for extended periods.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.