Ekman Associates, Inc. is a management consulting firm that specializes in developing business, digital, and technology strategy, delivering solutions, and addressing human resource demands.
We are seeking a Program Manager to define, implement and manage oversight of the Governance, Risk and Compliance deliverables and the Vendor Risk Management team activities. This role will work across the organization to understand user/stakeholders, technology, data, and business governance needs in order to develop and modify processes, controls, and reporting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for building relationships and providing superb customer service.
- Program Management Experience / PMP Certified preferred.
- Strong understanding of GRC and Vendor Risk Management.
- Provide comprehensive project plans, maintain action items, and manage scope/schedule/budget.
- Effectively manage multiple projects at varying stages of the process.
- Experienced program and project management with the understanding of GRC and technical related domains and can translate activities into well documented procedures and performance metrics.
- Ability to pull together multiple related and unrelated areas to provide a comprehensive GRC and Vendor Risk Management oversight.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with Governance processes such as management of Policies, Standards, Processes, Specifications, and procedures, compliance enforcement, and development of new guidelines etc.
- Strong process analysis and modeling skills along with direct experience converting compliance and process requirements into action oriented technical objectives and measurable results.
- Previous experience implementing audit, compliance or governance programs.
- Program Manage multiple projects and / or work streams.
- Develop and maintain project work plans.
- Establish and report on program level metrics and KPI's.
- Develop and implement a communication plan and coordinate regular communication with business stakeholders.
- Lead workload and task management across the various teams.
- Requires little direction and takes initiative to drive outcomes.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Foster and drive organizational change that leads the GRC team's functions to Cyber Excellence.
- Develop a working knowledge of assigned business focus, strategy, and key priorities.
- Responsible for managing the overall performance and delivery of large/cross-functional programs/projects; including scope, schedule, risks, issues, and budget.
- Provide program governance with clear and consistent communication of program level and project level status throughout the organization at all levels.
- Ensure that issues and risks are identified, communicated to project sponsors and stakeholders early and proactively managed in a manner that mitigates risk to scope, cost, and schedule.
- Manage the prioritization, resource allocations, and budgeting for programs/projects.
- Strictly adhere to the client's Project Management Methodology and reporting requirements; including project plans, agendas, meeting minutes, risks/issues logs, status reporting, and any other required project deliverables.
- Define, communicate, and manage project/program objectives/ scope.
- Manage interdependencies and effective communication channels between all existing projects, key initiatives, and stakeholders.
- B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (or equivalent work experience).
- 7+ years' work experience in Program and Project Management and demonstrated leading medium to large programs.
- 7+ years of Information Technology, Risk and Compliance experience - program related
- PMP, CISA, CRISC, CISSP Certifications preferred.
- Preferred compliance and audit preparation experience with information security standards (e.g., PCI DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001)
- Experience with project management tools like Asana, Ticketing and G-Suite.
- Ability to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate with various team members from multiple internal departments and potentially external vendors.
- Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints.
- Ability to effectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership.
- Ability to interact productively with employees at all levels
- Appropriate sense of urgency and commitment for critical deliverables.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
- Results- and goal-oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
Qualified Candidates Only: If you wish to learn more about this opportunity and additional qualifications/responsibilities, please submit your resume. To learn more about Ekman Associates, Inc. please visit our website at www.ekmanassociates.com.