pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor's 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission-to enhance Murata's world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi's product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi's team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
This position is responsible for providing technical marketing and strategic support to pSemi's customers for Power Products including charge-pump, capacitor divider and point-of-load DCDC power conversion ICs and PSiP modules for Datacenter, Networking and High-end Consumer applications.
The job covers all aspects of customer engagement, including new product introduction and business development, working with applications engineers to provide technical support and answer general inquiries from customers while providing customer and market feedback to the product line. The position is based in San Jose, California and presents a unique opportunity for the candidate to work closely with an extremely innovative and dynamic team with excellent opportunities for career and personal growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
* Promoting leading-edge power management IC and PSiP module products in strategic accounts
* Work closely with the Biz Unit to understand roadmaps, products and technologies in depth
* Building relations with lead customers, understand the market trends and provide feedback to product line on new product definitions and improvements.
* Working with the Biz Dev Strategic Accounts Management:
* Identify and create strategic customer mapping and account plans
* Understand and map customer systems and identify areas where our products are best applied to provide maximum value to the customer
* Create applications collateral to support the promotion of products
* Persistently engage customers and identify potential design-in sockets
* Create a growing Design-In Funnel of customer opportunities
* Working with Applications Engineering, resolve any technical issues associated with the products as the arise.
* Providing detailed competitive analysis and insights.
* Writing application notes and/or developing reference designs to support customer engagements
* Staying abreast of current trends within the Power Management industry and related customer implementation plans
Reports to the Director of Marketing and Applications for Power Products.
Knowledge, Skills Requirements and Minimum qualifications
* 6-8 years in relevant power management customer support, field applications experience
* Strong technical background in Power Management semiconductor and/or module products
* Thorough understanding of latest power management architectures and technologies relevant to the focus markets and applications.
* Knowledge of the Power Management competitive environment.
* Strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to quickly establish strong customer relationships, and quickly demonstrate technical competence and deep understanding of power technology.
* Comfortable and confident in fielding detailed technical discussions with power engineers
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills to interact with customers and internal teams
* Responsive, self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership. Persistent, energetic
* Ability to solve complex customer problems within customer timelines
* Willingness to travel locally on-demand locally to customer site and work with customers directly
Education and Experience:
* BSEE, or local equivalent, with 5 years in a Power Management environment.
* MSEE preferred
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Critical Thinking: Able to find logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
* Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
* Championing Customer Needs: Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views thing from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions
* Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
* Communicating Effectively: Displays confidence and poise in formal speaking situations; creates effective and compelling presentations
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including "protected veterans" under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com