Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine's product managers work at the intersection of business, design, and technology. We are passionate leaders and subject matter experts who learn on the fly, find clever solutions to challenging problems, and make decisions that guide BlackLine's long-term strategy. Day-in and day-out, we work with customers and analysts to shape the roadmap, designers and engineers to build products, and sales/services to take our products to market and deliver value for our clients.
The Product Manager II serves as the primary owner for a component of BlackLine's Financial Controls & Automation Platform.
You'll Get To:
- Research: The Product Manager is responsible for constantly gathering information from clients, prospects, peers, stakeholders, and other BlackLiners. They will keep abreast of market research, competitive intelligence, accounting/finance news, and software trends. Research is conducted constantly, though a variety of channels, with an eye on both the specific product(s) that the PM is responsible for and broad, new ideas/concepts.
- Roadmap: Product Managers create, publish, and maintain both internal and external roadmaps. This means they're responsible for balancing new-features, enhancements, design changes, and defect resolution while ensuring that their engineering team aligns to BlackLine's business objectives.
- Feature Design: The entire process by which features move from idea to reality is owned by the Product Manager. PMs create Epics or PRDs, work with UX/UI designers to refine the interaction layout and interaction model, and consult with Tech Ops, Security, Legal and other internal stakeholders.
- Product Development: Product Managers are part of the engineering team tasked with delivering on the roadmap. This means that PMs will create stories, participate fully in grooming and sprint planning, and help ensure that the team's productivity, code quality, and output are acceptable. The Product Manager will also assist in managing the team by providing feedback, clearing blockers, and ensuring that all work proceeds apace.
- Subject Matter Expertise: By virtue of their close work with our clients and stakeholders, as well as their participation in the design process, Product Managers are expected to build a deep understanding of the product and market, as well as the fundamentals of accounting, design, and our technology. They will use that expertise in support of other teams, events, or clients.
- Leadership: Product Managers are expected to be willing and informed decision makers who drive projects to a successful completion, always have an opinion, and provide visionary leadership for their teams.
As Product Manager II, you own the full creation of the roadmap, make strategic decisions about the direction of your product, show good decision-making to balance delivery quality and development team happiness, keep development team informed about the long-term vision, and collaborate with UX.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Receives only general guidance on the path forward for a given product
- Is expected to set the product vision and pursue it with discretion
- Receives limited supervision and is expected to produce a high volume of work and meet all deadlines without frequent oversight
- Has broad responsibility for their product area and serves as the Product Owner for one or more teams.
- Provide product leadership to cross functional technical teams and implement process frameworks to drive project success
- Foster a collaborative environment with other members of the organization to ensure the correct paths and details are established for projects
- Communicate directly with clients and partners to determine project requirements and deliverables
- Act as a mentor for incoming members of the Product Management team
What You'll Bring:
- 3-4 years of product management experience with 5-6 years enterprise software involvement
- BA/BS in a technical/business field or a background in accounting/technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to make decisions
- Comfort working in both a team environment and in a self-directed role
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced customer knowledge, technical knowledge, teamwork, decision-making, strategic thinking, and leadership
- Expert in terms of product scope, communication, independence, and details & quality
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
- Understanding of accounting and finance concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of modern web application architecture and engineering patterns and practices
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Familiarity market and organizational elements of both SaaS and Enterprise-scale Software
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws. - provided by Dice