Requisition ID # 111643
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Gas Operations
The Facility Integrity Management & Technical Services (FIMP &TS) department identifies, assesses, and mitigates risks in order to reduce both the likelihood and consequences of gas transmission facility incidents. FIMP's goal is to establish safe, environmentally responsible and reliable service of all pipeline system facilities within the Measurement & Control (M&C) and Compression & Processing (C&P) asset families. Gas Quality and Measurement Engineering is in FIMP & TS providing support and guidance to stakeholders and developing and implementing integrity related programs.
Leads asset management and engineering work specific to Gas Quality within our transmission and distribution operations, gas production, construction and/or maintenance functions within Gas Operations. Ensures the timely, thorough, and accurate completion of engineering services, work and projects. Performs project management and on-call responsibilities as required.
- Exercises independent judgment in leading teams on the most complex projects with the high financial impact to PG&E and/or the client.
- Develops, prepares and presents findings, conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership using a broader perspective, knowledge of the business and understanding of longer term implications to the client.
- Provides leadership and expertise in developing new standards, codes, guidelines, polices, techniques, procedures in PG&E technical services. Utilizes a broad business understanding to solve the most complex problems in creative ways, ensuring solutions consider both short and long term business impact.
- Leads project teams in the performance of tests and the preparation of technical reports and specifications. Prepares and delivers presentations and recommendations based on project results/findings, advice and expertise, frequently to senior leadership.
- Identifies new technologies, innovations and cost-reduction opportunities. Conceives and investigates new areas; contributes new designs and techniques regarded as major advances in the company or industry.
- Develops and presents recommendations and business cases for new and innovative programs, processes and solutions to senior leaders in Gas Operations gaining buy-in and approval.
- Represents PG&E and provides testimony or information related to projects or other issues to external customers, agencies or other parties.
- Recognized outside the company as an expert or authority on a particular engineering/technical field or discipline. Represents PG&E and speaks at conferences or seminars. May write articles in trade journals. Influences industry developments.
- Assists Gas Control and GPOM in managing gas quality upsets, such as high levels of moisture, nitrogen or odorant.
- Defines appropriate limits for natural gas constituents of concern, both in conventional and renewable natural gas.
- Serves as PG&E’s gas quality SME, both internally and externally.
- Leads complex tests and projects, participating in studying problems, researching issue, planning, and testing.
- Develops test protocols and test technologies and analyzes data. Leads the development of technical and/or operational policies and procedures related to gas quality, odorization and bio-methane assets.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering with emphasis on related/assigned discipline (i.e., chemical, mechanical, or civil etc.)
- 10 years’ experience in gas transmission or distribution design, operations, and/or maintenance environment
- Travel required; frequency depends on assignment (10% -25%).
- 7 years of Natural Gas or Petroleum/Chemical industry experience
- PE-Professional Engineer license
- Excellent knowledge of gas distribution and transmission engineering, operations, construction, and maintenance aspects of the gas utility business
- Extensive experience in Risk and/or Integrity Management
- Extensive operations/field experience
- Extensive knowledge in pipeline construction
- Extensive knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and corrosion control
- Broad understanding of engineering research and testing concepts, theories, practices, methods, techniques in area of specialty as well as general understanding of other engineering specialties.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of quality assurance and control concepts and practices.
- Communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in team leadership and project management.