- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field preferred
- 4-6 years Accounting experience. Preferably with individual accounting, small companies or consolidated financial reporting
- Full cycle payroll experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills; detail-oriented; team player
- Proficiency in word and excel.
- You will work closely with another individual in the same position Payroll/Senior Accountant.
- There are two accounts that handle payroll for 40 clients entities with anywhere from 1 to 30 employees..
- Payroll is performed both Bi-weekly payroll, Semi Monthly and Monthly.
- Review and verify timesheets, wage computations, and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare Excel worksheets containing analysis of client financial data such as broker analysis and construction or investment history spreadsheets
- Generate client cash reports using Data faction accounting software for monthly client deliverables and for in-house review of client disbursements and updating disbursement reports
- Alerting Director or Manager to possible leads for cross-selling and for client asset protection issues.
- Downloading data from brokerage, bank and credit card accounts online into GL System for efficient and accurate record keeping.
- Review client disbursements for accuracy in payment and coding
- Perform monthly account and bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy of records, reviewing same work when staff accountant is available to perform reconciliations.
- Performing work of staff accountant when position is either missing or temporarily out of office.