- The foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research, and education.
- The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services.
- This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a non-profit, community setting.
- The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
- This position is responsible for greeting patients and completing the Check-in/Check-out process.
- Depending on location, Position may be responsible for appointment scheduling and message taking, managing the patients' medical records including pulling and replacing files and filing reports.
- This position, depending on the location, may create cases for Workers' Compensation, maintain statistics for the department and physicians in the department, create new patient accounts, communicate work status, as well as complete department mailings and reports.
- Balancing the cash drawer at the end of the day and providing accurate reports is part of the position.
- High school graduate or GED required
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment required.
- Candidate must have previous experience working with computers working in an office setting. Previous experience handling money and the ability to make correct change is required for this position.
- Knowledge of PC application such as Microsoft Office is essential for this position, experience with medical software preferred.
- An understanding of basic anatomy and medical terminology is helpful but not required.
- An understanding of health insurance guidelines is preferred.
Special Skills and/or Equipment Used:
- The ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
- The ability to communicate professionally, calmly, and effectively with all customers in a medical office environment.
- The ability to deal effectively with challenging customer service interactions.
- The ability to complete multiple projects and manage shifting priorities with frequent interruptions is a required skill.
- Math skills sufficient to appropriately handle cash and make correct change is required.
- Organizational and prioritization skills are required.
- The ability to pay attention to detail is required.
- The ability to keep both patient and business information confidential.
- Well-developed phone and customer service skills are important skills for this position.
- Good spelling and grammar skills are essential for this position.
- Typing skills of 35 WPM.
- Computer skills are a must for this position.
- Experience in an office environment – Required
- 1 Years’ Experience with medical software – Highly Desired
- Knowledge of PC application such as Microsoft Office – Required
- Previous experience handling money and the ability to make correct change – Required
- Previous experience working with computers working in an office setting – Required
- Typing skills of 35 WPM – Required
- Understanding of basic anatomy and medical terminology - Nice To Have
- Understanding of health insurance guidelines – Highly Desired