At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
What Makes PANW’s Technology Partnerships Team Special
Every technology company has a Technology Partnerships team. What makes the team at Palo Alto Networks special is the following:
- Security is one of the most fragmented technology stacks. A typical large enterprise has up to 75 different security products. Customers expect our products to support integrations with hundreds of other products.
- APIs are not an afterthought but a critical component of our upstream product design, the MVP feature set, and subsequent roadmap updates. Our APIs are extremely well maintained and frequently updated. In certain product areas like Cortex xSOAR, we commit to giving our partners the same APIs and integration hooks that we make available to our internal teams for integrations within the PANW Product Suite.
- We have the most comprehensive product portfolio in the Security industry. As a result, we are building the most comprehensive and diverse product ecosystem. It extends from start-ups to the titans of the tech industry. It includes ISVs across all security categories, SaaS, Cloud Service Providers, Developer Stack, Identity & Access Management, Mobile Device Management, Email Providers, Analytics, Hardware OEMs, Network Equipment Providers, Network Infrastructure Providers, etc.
- Building our tech ecosystem requires a versatile set of partnership motions. In products like Cortex and Cortex xSOAR, our goal is to enable hundreds of partners to build applications to unlock a vast library of use cases. In other products like Next-Generation Firewall, we already have hundreds of integrations and are focused on ensuring these integrations stay validated as we update our core platform, move to the cloud, and launch new APIs. In Prisma Cloud and Prisma Access, the goal is to partner deeply with a relatively short list of Cloud Service Providers and Network Solution Providers.
- We have dedicated Partner Engineering and Solution Architect resources that work jointly with our partner managers in delivering high quality, secure, and reliable integrations. In certain instances, we build and maintain integrations. In other cases, we prescribe reference architectures and we validate the technical implementations. Sometimes, we even act as the first level of support so our customers can have reliable experiences.
- Our tech partnerships team is in the process of moving from a manual process to one that is more automated for better partner experience.
- The focus of the company in the last 3 years was to exponentially grow and onboard partners to meet customer needs and enhance our product offerings.
- With the need to validate existing partnerships and define a more mature approach to technology alliances, there is a big need to build, manage, and automate a program and processes. The company over the last few years has made many acquisitions and enhancements to the portfolio, and now has a multi-core business that includes the creation of the speedboats aligned to Strata, Cortex, and Prisma Cloud. As we are building end to end solutions, it has brought more complexity and extension of technology partnerships that include both inbound and outbound integrations.
- As we refine and grow the ecosystem, process and automation need to grow with us and allow the team to engage more partnerships yet limit the resources needed to manage and drive deliverables.
In this key role you will be the “go-to” resource responsible for
As a highly-experienced Partner Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the successful technical relationships with Technology partners in support of our Strata business.
- Work closely with the technology partners managers, product management, and go-to-market SE teams to define the partnership ecosystem and provide advanced technology solutions support.
- Develop a technology partnering strategy for our key ecosystem partners in support of the Strata/Core NGFW and virtualization business.
- Participate in building and improving the technical onboarding and enablement process for ecosystem partners.
- Support qualification, onboarding, and managing technical relationships with strategic and emerging partners to generate clear and significant technology solutions.
- Build end-to-end partnerships and integrations with clear business and customer value that have significant, measurable value for all parties.
- Lead technical integration work (review, test and use scripts/programming occasionally), use case development, writing of integration guides, and technical support on solution briefs.
- Provide technical enablement of various go-to-market initiatives including the development of reference architecture.
- Build relationships with technical leaders internally and with partner companies.
- Work on complex “coopetition scenarios” with partners, defining areas of cooperation or technical integration work for customers or partners’ needs.
- BSCS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years related technology alliances, technical offering manager, product manager, technical marketing engineer, or consulting engineer.
- Ability to independently create, design, and develop solutions successfully in a high-visibility role and in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-directed, highly technical, professionally assertive, and self-driven.
- Experience and track record of working with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams.
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems, and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.
- Effective and persuasive communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, lab evaluation, and administration of security technologies (firewalls, cloud security, endpoint security, anti-malware, threat defense, intrusion prevention, web filtering).
- Experience with Python programming, scripting, API integrations.
- Deep Experience with computing, storage, and network virtualization technologies, such as ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM, NSX, ACI, Nutanix, vSAN.
- Experience with public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP,).
- Experience with automation and infrastructure-as-code technologies, such as Terraform, Ansible, CFTs, ARM templates.
- Strong understanding of enterprise and cybersecurity technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
- Experience with API integrations.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time (post-COVID-19 world).
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.