Optical Engineer - Holographic Displays!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jacob Vane
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $150,000 - $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
Venture backed and based in the Heart of Silicon Valley, we started with the single mission to enable a holographic future by building upon the founders’ collective expertise of light field technology innovation. The Optical Engineer will play a key role in the development of optics for the world’s first convincing high-resolution holographic display. The best candidate will have a background in optical systems for imaging or display applications. An engineer who has worked almost entirely in fiber-optic communications is not the best fit for this position. The ideal candidate will have a solid theoretical background in optical design and will want to spend a significant fraction of his/her time in the lab building prototype optical assemblies and benchtop characterization setups. The Optical Engineer will be familiar with working with other optical specialists and mechanical engineers to achieve the best optical alignment and assembly processes. S/he will have worked with many different optical vendors and be proficient at writing optical specifications. The ideal candidate will design characterization stations to verify optical performance and perform optical calibration. S/he will work with mechanical engineers, test engineers, and experts in light field display technology.
Why join us?
- Degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or related field, with at least 5 years of work experience. Master's degree or higher desired.
Background of direct lab experience in the development of optical setups for product development, preferably for imaging applications in the visible wavelength spectrum.
- Familiar with fabrication of optical elements and micro optics.
- Familiar with patterning and replicating diffractive and refractive optics with micro/nano structures.
- Familiar with optical design tools such as Zemax or Code V.
- Knowledge of optical packaging and optical bonding.
- Familiar with the manufacturing of various display types (OLED, LCD, LED, MicroLED, etc).
- Proficient in optical measurements, including knowledge of imaging sensors and systems, various types of lenses, microscopes, colorimeters, optomechanical systems such as translation stages, optical beam profiling, etc.
- Familiar with color science and color spaces.
- Experience with SolidWorks is desired.
- Lens design experience desired.
- Experience with optical grade polymers is desired.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.