US Tech Solutions is seeking a “Optical Deployment/Build-Out Specialist” for a 12+ month contract position with a client in Sunnyvale, CA .
- Note that current state of this role is Work From Home due to COVID.
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Client Industry: High tech
- Job Category: IT
- Recruiter: Ricky Chanda
Job Title: Optical Deployment/Build-Out Specialist
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Remote till the ease of COVID)
Duration: 12+ Months
- This role is responsible for expansion and build-out of enterprise network testing environments, and ensuring proper operation within our QA infrastructure.
- The engineer will be responsible for provisioning and configuring network switches, linux servers, routers, firewalls, associated connectivity, and associated testing infrastructure such as layer 1 switches and test systems. This will include troubleshooting network issues including hardware, installing device operating systems and packages, and confirming proper end-to-end function.
- Responsible for updating associated documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with Layer 2 networking and associated protocols (i.e. STP, LLDP, LACP) Ethernet standards, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), basic linux system administration and linux networking is required.
- Knowledge of test and QA infrastructure such as L1 switches and Ixia is preferred but not required.
- Networking - must have knowledge of cabling and optical standards, basic network configurations for switches, routers, and firewalls, and ability to troubleshoot of layer 2 and layer 3 network solutions.
- Familiarity with Linux (Administration, Data Networking).
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting OSPF and BGP
- Installing packages, clean OS installs, ability to find and parse logs, etc.
- How to inspect route tables, ARP tables, tcpdump, ethtool, etc.
- Knowledge of ethernet cable standards, network optics, fiber optic cable standards and compatibility