Operations Managers who excel are those who are able to drive efficiencies while developing interpersonal relationships and operating with a service-oriented touch. As a senior leader, this role is part of the core management team, leading not only operations-related initiatives, but also inspiring and motivating the team to drive the business forward. Successful Operations Managers are experts at leading their team members to co-create an environment that is safe, efficient, and effective while delivering the highest level of customer service and transforming their guests’ days.
- Manage the operations of the facility in its entirety, ensuring that the spa is efficient, clean, safe, and maintained to our Burke Williams standards
- Design and manage the staffing schedule across all team members to meet demand needs, adjusting for efficiencies and schedule requests as needed
- Participate in interviewing and hiring across all departments
- Manage payroll, vacation days, and LOA requests for all hourly employees
- Develop Distribution Manager and assist in monitoring product inventory, usage, budgets, POs, laundry management, and cleanliness/maintenance initiatives
- Inspire team members to go above and beyond to transform their guests’ days
- Coach and train team members, developing them for growth and continually working to enhance staff morale
- Exceptional attention to detail, enjoys balancing spreadsheets, dotting i’s and crossing t’s
- Ability to manage various personalities with compassion, while holding teams and individuals accountable
- Willingness to try new things with enthusiasm and an optimistic outlook
- Aptitude to delegate to others and partner with them on tasks, does not try to take it all on as an individual
- Desire to inspire others, engaging with team members in-person and developing relationships with the staff to achieve goals together
- Excellent time management skills, understanding how to prioritize and re-prioritize while breaking tasks into manageable pieces for the best results
- Ability to plan ahead and set boundaries to accomplish critical tasks
- Desire to work with others and take direction to achieve goals as a team
- Interest in career development and growth
Burke Williams is a family-owned company and we consider each employee a member of our family as well. We pride ourselves on promoting from within - the average manager has been with us for an average of 9 years! Many of our senior leadership started in positions such as Front Desk, Estheticians, and Massage Therapists, so when we say we promote growth and development, we stand by it! Our mission is, “We exist to transform your day” and we are honored to bring that to life for our employees as well as our guests.
Compensation and Perks:
- Competitive compensation plus incentives and a 401K retirement plan
- World-class wellness program including complimentary massages and chiropractic care
- Generous employee discount on H2V, our proprietary skincare line
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Stress-free shift coverage and flexible scheduling plus vacation and sick days
- Advancement through development coaching, training, and the opportunity for annual raises and career growth
Your health and safety have always come first with our standard extensive cleaning protocols. Due to new guidelines surrounding COVID-19, we have gone above and beyond to add additional sanitizing and disinfecting measures. Please visit www.BurkeWilliams.com/Wellness for details on all the protocols we’ve implemented.
About Burke Williams:
Burke Williams Day Spas exist to transform your day. A leader in the wellness industry since 1984, Burke Williams introduced the original day spa and continues to innovate, providing the latest in self-care products and services. A luxurious sanctuary awaits at eleven locations across California, inspiring you to disconnect from the world and reconnect with your inner self. Burke Williams provides a comforting place for your body + soul to rest and revitalize. Unique spa services include signature facials, massages, nail care, and more for the ultimate in relaxation and transformative results!
At Burke Williams, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate it! Burke Williams is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, marital status, physical and mental disability, military and Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.