You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Delivering quality care starts with ensuring our processes and documentation standards are being met and kept at the highest level possible. This means working behind the scenes ensuring a member-centric approach to care. As an Inpatient Medical Coder you will determine and record the correct medical codes for all treatments and health services. Ensuring proper records is just one way your work will impact the health and wellness of our members on a huge scale.
Who are we? We're Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
As a Medical Coder you will work remotely to accurately determine CPT and ICD-10 Codes for all types of same day surgeries, major Trauma ER encounters, observations, and complex surgery cases including orthopedic and spinal fusions. You will ensure that all coding assignments are accurate according to coding policies and based on the documentation provided in the medical record. Using a thorough knowledge of coding policies and procedures as well as medical terminology and technology, you will be responsible for providing documentation feedback to physicians under the direction of the Coding Operations Manager or Quality Management personnel.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Identify appropriate assignment of CPT and ICD-10 Codes for outpatient surgery, observation, CVIR, emergency, and ancillary services while adhering to the official coding guidelines and established client coding guidelines of the assigned facility
- Apply coding knowledge to analyze/correct CCI Edits and Medical Necessity accounts
- Understand the Medicare Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) codes
- Abstract additional data elements during the chart review process when coding, as needed
- Adhere to the ethical standards of coding as established by AAPC and/or AHIMA
- Adhere to and maintain required levels of performance in both coding quality and productivity as established by Optum360
- Provide documentation feedback to providers, as needed, and query physicians when appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date coding knowledge by reviewing materials disseminated / recommended by the QM Manager, Coding Operations Managers, and Director of Coding / Quality Management, among others
- Participate in coding department meetings and educational events
- Review and maintain a record of charts coded, held, and / or missing
- Additional responsibilities as identified by manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Professional coder certification with credentialing from AHIMA and/or AAPC (ROCC, CPC, COC, CPC-P, CCS) to be maintained annually
- 2+ years of Outpatient Facility coding experience
- Must have ICD-10 experience
- EMR systems
- Experience with complex cardiac catheterizations and interventional radiology (CVIR/IVR)
- Experience with various encoder systems (eCAC,3M, EPIC)
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets)
- Experience with OSHPD reporting
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:The salary range for Colorado residents is $17.12 - $30.34. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $18.80 - $33.41. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW