Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Experienced in building and leading teams of highly competent software engineers ranging from new graduates to seasoned seniors? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. We, the Delivery Technology organization, build the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. We are a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet, using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
The ideal leader for this role will be an independent thinker who makes convincing, data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear strategy, positioning and execution priorities and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. They will be a pragmatic visionary who can identify opportunities and lead the team to translate them into workable, scalable technology solutions. They must be comfortable working with complex challenges, and working with engineering, product, other stakeholders internationally. They will also be an expert in building and developing high performance teams.
• BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Experience with OO design/development skills
• Experience with REST services architecture
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and manage software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• 7 + years of software development experience, including 5 + years as development manager
• Experience operating an AWS service
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Experience building web and mobile applications
• Contributed to open source
• Experience speaking at external events
• Appetite and enthusiasm to work with new technologies
• Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
• Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
• Demonstrated experience building large scale web services or service oriented architectures
• Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.