At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Machining Supervisor 2 based out of our Sunnyvale, CA campus. What You'll get to Do: Northrop Grumman Marines Systems specializes in the development, manufacture assembly and testing of propulsion, and power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines. The Machining Supervisor 2 will supervise the factory hourly Machinists and support functions of high quality, low volume, large fabricated structures for the Marine Propulsion and Power Generation SBU. This position will also interface with Sr. Operations Leadership, a variety of engineering disciplines, and end customers for the products their team produces and delivers. Additional responsibilities include ensuring all members of the team are adequately trained to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently and effectively and will lead the implementation of Lean Principles and Continuous improvement efforts in their assigned areas. Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor's Degree with minimum 8 years of relevant leadership experience; Master's Degree with 6 years of leadership experience; PhD with 4 years of leadership experience (Note: 12 total years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree).
* 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated EVMS experience
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. Preferred Qualifications: * 5+ years experience towards managing a Machine Shop
* Firm understanding of the fundamentals of MRP.
* Demonstrated proficiency at CAM functions.
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques. Salary Range: $107,800 USD - $161,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ . Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.