TITLE: MANAGER, CMP MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, WAFER MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
Under the direction of the Director of Wafer Manufacturing, the Manager of CMP Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for leading and directing the work of the CMP process and equipment teams, including overseeing and implementing processes and programs which sustain and support CMP processes; coordinating the evaluation and qualification of tools, equipment, consumables, or software as needed in order to meet yield, quality, performance, and manufacturability objectives. This position is located in Milpitas, California.
- Manages, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the department; makes employment-related decisions as necessary, including hiring and terminations
- Manages and tracks processes and programs which support wafer quality, yield improvement, performance, and tool capability
- Manages the evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new CMP tools or processes into the production environment, including defining training plans and approving documentation
- Provides technical guidance regarding manufacturability issues, tool or equipment capability, or yield/performance issues in the CMP area; recommends corrective action if needed
- Establishes project timelines and prioritizes CMP area activities based upon production plans and wafer demand to ensure goals are consistently met
- Reviews, assesses, and approves modifications to processes, procedures, specifications, or documentation
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as required
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level*
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Materials Science and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Five years of hands' on experience working in the CMP area in a thin film or semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Three years of experience in a management role
- Experience using MESA, JMP, and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to lead, sustain, and support CMP processes and programs.
- Knowledge of wafer manufacturing principles, processes, and equipment
- Knowledge of management principles, practices, and techniques
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications to create spreadsheets, Word documents, and presentations
- Knowledge and ability to use MES, Fab management software, SPC, or similar wafer tracking application to analyze data
- Knowledge and ability create reports, analyze data, and present findings
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of vendors, consultants, employees, and management
- Able to work productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Able to comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and motivate employees
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated project or process management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize
The Manager CMP Manufacturing Engineering works primarily in an office environment from Monday thru Friday. The schedule may be altered from time-to-time to meet business or operational needs; may travel from building-to-building as needed. Works in a class 100 ESD sensitive wafer manufacturing facility; wears a cleanroom (bunny) suit, including hood, gloves, safety glasses, booties, and mask. May be exposed to hazardous conditions, chemicals, fumes, and/or gases during the course of work day; may be exposed to loud noise. Stands, walks, bends, and twists. Performs various fine grasping movements; operates a computer and enters information using a keyboard, operates a telephone, and other office equipment; may occasionally be required to push, pull, or lift up to 30 pounds.
*Other duties of a similar nature or level are duties that may be required, but may not be specifically listed in the job description or posting.
TDK/Headway Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Applicants requiring accommodation in order to complete the application process should contact the Headway Human Resources Department.