Meteorologist – Atmospheric Scientist
Numerical Weather Prediction / Data Assimilation
Sequence has been retained and is currently searching for a Senior Meteorologist or Atmospheric Scientists to take on Data Assimilation and Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) efforts. This key role will be charged with building weather prediction with new data sets in the creation of in-situ atmospheric data platform. This position is slated to be based in California, but can be remotely situated with occasional travel to the west coast.
This is a very unique opportunity with an organization poised for growth and market disruption in addition to helping change the way we look at weather and address climate change.
This is also currently the most high-profile role of its type in the niche industry. One that affords the opportunity to not only work on innovative technology and undertake challenging work but gain an equity stake in the venture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assimilating data from targeted atmospheric observations into numerical weather models
- Assessing and determining the best locations to target to maximize data impact
- Growing and leading an exceptional team of technical staff and meteorologists
- Coordinating with organizations like NOAA and NCAR
- Helping to shape and define a vision that develops forward-thinking NWP systems that highlights the value of these unique observation sources.
- Deep experience with WRF or similar numerical weather models
- Experience with a data assimilation system compatible with the WRF model, e.g. WRFDA, GSI, DART or JEDI
- Experience analyzing and evaluating model performance
- MS in meteorology, atmospheric science or related industry with NWP expertise
- Strong meteorological intuition
A strong plus to consideration would include some experience or knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, ensemble forecast sensitivity analysis, ensemble and 4DVAR data assimilation, assimilating novel upper-air observations, FORTRAN, Linux and MPA.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and progressive organization and help grow the practice as your own. A place where a motivated, self-starter interested in advancing their career and able/willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that is dominated by realistic expectations could find a long-term home. The role can be the ideal position for a senior level professional join a thriving organization that is stable and has a wealth of challenging initiatives. It could also be the right place for a talented mid- to senior level professional with skills and experience who is now seeking to take on a challenge and step up in responsibility.
The desire is to someone that is technically proficient, confident, flexible and can hit the ground running.
The company offers competitive compensation and strong benefits package including health/vision/dental insurance, holiday / vacation, performance bonus, stock ownership, etc. Relocation support can be provided as well. Progression and other profit opportunities would also be available.
Anything of reason can be structured for the right individual.
Apply here, through our corporate website at: www.sequencestaffing.com, or submit to:
2008 Opportunity Drive, Suite 150
Roseville, CA 95678
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
"Sequence: Where a handshake still means everything."