What do benefits, membership to a state-of-the-art fitness center, up to 20 paid holidays, PTO and working at the JCC have in common? Read below to find out!
Are you a friendly person who loves making others feel welcome? Want to put those skills to use in an award-winning fitness center? If so, this might be the job for you!
The Job: As a Member Experience Ambassador you will ensure that each member’s experience making changes to their account is smooth, easy and positive. We make lasting impressions through this role that show our members how much we value their loyalty. You will make personal connections with members and support them in getting the most out of their membership.
The Place: The Palo Alto Jewish Community Center (OFJCC) is an exciting and innovative non-profit organization in the heart of Silicon Valley. We create fun, meaningful, inclusive and joyful experiences through educational, social, cultural, spiritual, fitness and wellness programs. Our diverse and passionate staff of 250+ collaborate to make our 8.5-acre campus a truly special place for the nearly 20,000 visitors every week. Join us! Visit .
The Core Duties:
- Manage all member account related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions
- Maintain our department inbox and ensure timely responses to member needs
- Utilize and update our database to accurately reflect the membership, staff and non-member populations
- Facilitate needed changes to member’s accounts including freezes, cancels, payment changes, downgrades, refunds, credits, etc.
- Make personalized offers to re-engage or save accounts from downgrading, cancelling or refunds
- Run, compile and analyze data on department related topics
- Participate and organize events to build relationships and aid in retention efforts
- Customer service background preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer proficiency
- A passion for fitness and health
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- 403(b) retirement
- Free membership at our award-winning fitness center
- Discounts for OFJCC Preschool, J-Camp and Club J tuition
- Fun, motivating workplace
Benefits exceptions apply, based on # hours worked per week
Powered by JazzHR