Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Point of Care is a global leader in providing critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective. Our i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT System fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance.
Our San Francisco, CA territory has an opportunity for a Medical Device Sales Specialist. The Medical Device Sales Specialist will maintain and expand sales of company's portfolio of products in existing accounts and develop new business within assigned territory. Act alone and as liaison for various personnel to increase the company's market penetration. Continually develop growth opportunities within assigned territory.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take ownership of assigned territory making decisions that will impact the success of the business.
- With sales leadership, set strategies and drive execution that leads to sustainable growth.
- Anticipate potential risks and proactively develop and implement mitigation plans.
- Display continuous energy, intensity, and persistence to achieve results.
- Efficiently navigate complex sales environments with multiple stakeholders and dynamic decision-making criteria.
- Perform territory analysis to determine Total Available Market and create effective targeting strategies.
- Align with customer needs to provide solutions that help departments and hospitals achieve their patient-care goals.
- Create and maintain accurate sales forecasts on a consistent basis.
- Achieve sales targets by maintaining base business while prospecting and closing new business opportunities.
- Through customer engagement, develop relationships with key influencers and decision-makers that can help drive revenue expansion.
- Identify and develop KOL’s that can advocate for Point of Care solutions in the market.
- Working collaboratively with internal teams, provide innovative solutions that lead to success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4+ years sales experience in a complex sale environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% in assigned territory and other business locations in the USA.
- 4+ years continuous employment with a complex sale product/service (e.g., demonstrates persistence, meets and exceeds goals consistently through market or territory ups and downs)
- Sales experience in the Point of Care, Diagnostics, or Medical Device industry
- Documented history of being a consistent sales overachiever compared to peers
- Established clinical contacts at hospitals within assigned territory
- Highly proficient at using Salesforce.com or similar CRM platform
- Experience negotiating large dollar contracts
- Completed at least one sales training course (e.g., Complex Sale, Challenger Sales, Miller Heiman, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Abbott Core Competencies
- Strong Servant Leader characteristics/mindset; unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Outstanding strategic planning and analytical skills—proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues, synthesize information from multiple sources, conduct analysis, formulate actionable recommendations and confidently recommend a point-of-view to senior management
- Innovative and creative—demonstrated ability to leverage insights to identify and evaluate creative ideas, focusing on those that will create sustainable competitive advantage
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, exercise sound judgment and independently determine appropriate course of action where precedent may not exist
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach; acts thoughtfully but with a sense of urgency, rolling up sleeves and helping team get work done, where/when necessary
- An approachable and credible communication style, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities, establish milestones, lead cross-functional teams to meet and exceed goals in a dynamic environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall
- Success in selling to C-Suite and Value Analysis Committees
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.