If you are a Medical Assistant who is ready to advance your career and be part of a world-renowned healthcare organization, take the first step and apply now! Your best future is waiting to be discovered!
- Top pay- $30.00 per hour!
- Great Shift! Monday-Friday
- Great working location
- Health insurance
- Refer-a-friend bonus
- Weekly payroll
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma from an approved school /institution or equivalent documented training.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Medical Assisting experience
- BLS - Basic Life Support
- Comfortable with the pediatric population
- CMA - Certified Or Registered Medical Assistant
- Pediatric experience
- EPIC experience
- Prepares the necessary information (i.e. lab and procedural results), equipment and supplies for exam.
- PCR/ Swab COVID testing
- Assists physicians with procedure set-ups, patient procedures and examinations.
- Performs patient care, including vital signs, weights, rooming, assisting with procedures, medication administration (vaccinations) and injections and other necessary tests.
- Administers medication following approved procedures and only after checking medication and dose with a licensed person.
- Processes requests for prescription refills according to established practice.
- As required, performs waived testing (urine dipstick, urine pregnancy test, blood glucose testing), perform EKGs, administer immunizations.
- Collects and sends specimens to appropriate labs for testing per protocol.
- Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health measures for a panel of patients.
- Promptly and accurately reports and refers patient’ s concerns and symptoms, reactions, changes (appropriate to age) to licensed clinic personnel.
- Rooming Patients
- Connecting virtual telehealth appointments
- Triage calls
- Prior authorizations and triage refill requests and EPIC inbasket messages
- Schedules and edits and maintains patient physician appointments for new and returning patients, using the scheduling system.
- Venipunctures, patient procedures and examinations
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms, hallways and work areas.
- Effectively responds to inquiries from patients, their relatives and/or referring physicians on services and provides accurate information in a timely fashion.
- Provides information, referrals and customer service
- Informs patient’ s authorization and collects payment for new and returning patients, using the scheduling system.
- Collects patient demographic and insurance data and enters into systems as well as assigns medical record numbers
- Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider
- Assists with all messaging from the patient to the physician in a timely manner.
Power Personnel has been working with healthcare professionals like you since 1994. We are the experts in healthcare staffing in Northern California. That’ s why so many hospitals, clinics and healthcare facilities rely on us for filling critical positions. If you want competitive pay, excellent working conditions and a team that supports you, we can help!
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus for every referral! *
*In order to get the bonus, the person referred must work at least 20 shifts.