Bayside Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to be part of our client's team in Fremont, Ca. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest family-owned private pharmaceutical companies on the world, which focuses on developing breakthrough treatments to help people and animals live longer, healthier lives.
Contract Length: 1 year
Shift: 3rd Shift, Sun-Wed nights 9:00PM - 7:30AM
Location: Fremont, CA - Onsite
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Independently executes all routine unit operations in Purification including change-over procedures, scheduling within the shift team, equipment cleaning and set up.
- Able to perform in-process testing such as cell counting, spectrophotometry and environmental monitoring.
- Monitors and controls weights, flows, volumes, temperatures, pressure, and pH.
- Identify and report any issues related to manufacturing performance, process and safety to the team lead and assist in investigations of deviations to facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Train junior staff on unit operations such as bioreactors, cell separation, chromatography, and tangential flow theory as well as CIP/SIP operations.
- All training will be conducted with an emphasis on safety and completion of operations in a timely manner.
- Collaborates within team and department to follow best practices and meet department goals.
- Report any issues related to manufacturing performance, process, and safety to the manager in order to ensure safety, compliance with regulations and cGMPs and to facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Dress code must be followed. Personnel must not wear nail polish, acrylic or artificial fingernails, cosmetics (including powders, hairsprays, makeup, tinted creams etc.), watches, or jewelry such as rings earrings watches bracelets, piercings, and necklaces).
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school degree, entry level position.
- Experience working with established GMP procedures and bulk manufacturing is a plus. Technical knowledge of manufacturing systems, methods, and procedures.
- Understanding of purification/cell culture processes.
- Possess effective troubleshooting skills with equipment and/or process.
- Ability to concentrate on detail-oriented work in a complex technical setup
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and work instructions and document work in a written format applying cGMP standards.
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team and collaborate effectively with staff.