Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission!
We are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role would report to a Manufacturing Manager and based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all team members and visitors
- Hire, Develop, and Train manufacturing staff to support plant ramp up and continued operations
- Create and implement a continuous improvement manufacturing culture
- Develop and Drive process improvements to meet business and customer demand
- Establish and track progress to Key Performance Indicators
- Promote positive employee relations through effective communication
- Improve manufacturing processes by making recommendations for safety, quality, productivity & cost through variability reduction and the implementation of TPS tools and processes.
- Coach, motivate, develop, train, and manage a large manufacturing workforce
- Data reporting
- Support the launch of new products and processes
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in high volume complex assembly or advanced manufacturing environment as a Leader
- Proven track record of implementation for high volume production ramp ups
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience managing manufacturing teams
- Understanding of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, and ability to drive process improvements
- Ability to work independently to achieve deliverables
- Able to communicate with team members to understand objectives, expectations, and preferred methods, proactively identify changes or issues, and ask questions that foster the development of self and team
- Ability to initiate and execute projects to improve performance
- Meet aggressive deadlines for a new plant launch
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement environment
- Automotive assembly, Automotive supplier, or complex assembly experience preferred
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.