Our team at Facebook builds the AR/VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in AR/VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. AR/VR’s potential to connect the world is immense—and we’re just getting started. (Our Research team is driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body). Our manufacturing systems team is responsible for building and supporting manufacturing infrastructure, connectivity between sites to ensure the success of the Consumer Hardware group. We are seeking an engineer to design, deploy, and maintain the operations of its consumer hardware manufacturing systems. This individual should have deep technical knowledge and have the ability to discuss and apply technical solutions to business challenges.
- Responsible for the design, deployment, support, and continuous monitoring and alerting of manufacturing systems and network infrastructure.
- Drive scalable, highly available and performant service deployments for core functions on the line such as Active Directory, BitLocker, MySQL, Symmetric DS, AWS, and custom-built applications.
- Create RFS, set up fiber connection, provision VM, config ESXi/vCenter config, update configs, create AD users, create new NetApp SVM and volume expansion.
- Maintain all stations on the line: Troubleshooting, Break/Fix, Imaging and Replacement.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Develop strong partnerships with third-party contract manufacturers needed to ensure seamless delivery at manufacturing sites.
- Drive priorities and schedules based on impact level and business requirements to drive to the right decisions.
- Work closely with software and data engineering teams to ensure application environments and infrastructures are built and closely optimized for each other.
- Integrate security into all layers of the environment in order to protect sensitive data stored on systems at third party sites and in cloud environments.
- Ensure excellent support, stability and maximum uptime for manufacturing systems and network infrastructure across globally dispersed sites and cloud environments.
- Provide onsite support as assigned.
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical resources with a focus on data driven decision making.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Domestic and International travel up to 20%.
- Technical degree at the Bachelor’s level.
- 5+ years of Linux, Windows, and MySQL experience (CentOS/Ubuntu).
- 3+ years of scripting experience (Python, Docker, SNMP).
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management, cloud management.
- Experience with server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (VMware ESX/ESXi/vSphere), and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- 3+ years of experience with networking principles, firewalls, load balancers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 8+ years’ experience.
- Experience in Hyper-converged Infrastructure and SW Defined Data Center architecture, design, and implementation.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].