SMTC Corporation was founded in 1985. SMTC is a mid-size provider of end-to-end electronics manufacturing services (EMS) including PCBA production, systems integration and comprehensive testing services, enclosure fabrication, as well as product design, sustaining engineering and supply chain management services. SMTC has facilities in the United States, Mexico, China and Canada. Services extend over the entire electronic product life cycle from the development and introduction of new products through to the growth, maturity and end-of-life phases.
- 401K with company match
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical HRA Plan
- Short term/Long term Disability Insurance, etc.
The Manufacturing Engineer position assist with the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
Education and experience for the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering, or extensive Contract Manufacturing Engineering Experience.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering
- Knowledge or certify Lean Manufacturing & 6 Sigma
SMTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
If you require assistance completing this application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.