Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Materials & Technology Manager, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering in the body structures group. The body structures group is responsible for product engineering from studio to launch. The manager will lead the team of design engineers and integrate all simultaneous engineering requirements of the body structure of current and future Lucid products.
This position requires an experienced professional with in-depth technical expertise in materials, joining technologies, structural adhesives, fasteners, and corrosion in combination with high performance team management skills. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a world-class materials engineering & technology team that is responsible for metals, plastics, composites, and technologies within the hardware product engineering environment
- Resource planning for, recruitment for, and career development of materials and technology team
- Responsibility to deploy cutting edge materials, coatings, and technologies into current and future Lucid products
- Interface with suppliers, supply chain, manufacturing and other internal and external partners
- Research emerging technologies and guide the deployment into future Lucid products in powertrain, battery systems, body structures, interiors and exteriors
- Drive the materials engineering in body structures and other Hardware Engineering groups
- Create and maintain Lucid technical specifications
- Responsibility and ownership of the in-house advanced materials engineering laboratory
- 8+ years of firsthand experience in cutting edge automotive materials and technologies
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of engineers, scientists, and technicians with a minimum of 5 direct reports
- Demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented manager with technical depth and breadth
- Full program cycle experience from concept to production launch in automotive field
- Experience in R&D of automotive materials and technology
- Expertise in and understanding of materials and processes commonly used in automotive hardware engineering applications
- Expertise in metals, corrosion, metallurgy, coatings
- Expertise in technologies and processes such as hotforming of aluminum and steel, extrusion, casting, and stamping
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with outstanding communication skills
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement engineering fundamentals and management skills
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.