Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Manages the planning and completion of manufacturing/production engineering projects, including the design and development of manufacturing processes, tooling and fixtures and process development products in order to meet daily production and new product development schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
- Provide leadership to engineering staff regarding project prioritization, process validations, and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide project management.
- Implement and manage resource planning and project management tools.
- Coordinate, select and schedule project engineers for Operations projects.
- Support continuing production, process development and new product introductions.
- Monitor and evaluate project and department progress and results.
- Participate in cross-functional teams.
- Review and approve protocol and written reports.
- Drive continuous improvement of engineering technical capabilities.
- Prepare technical reports, analysis, recommendations and presentations reflecting the status and results of projects in progress on a regular basis.
- Coach, manage and develop technical staff.
- Develop, implement, train and monitor effectiveness of engineering systems and procedures to ensure compliance to FDA, GMP, and all other applicable agency regulations.
- Ensure a safe work environment consistent with OSHA requirements and St. Jude Medical policies.
- Prepare departmental budgets and control expenditures to stay within spending limits.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Engineer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of manufacturing/process development experience, with minimum 4 years of people management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Project management experience involving coordination of cross-functional teams.
- Experience with statistical techniques (i.e. DOE, SPC) as well as Lean manufacturing techniques, value stream mapping and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of GMP and ISO regulations.
- Demonstrated success in leading manufacturing technology transfer project to global operations.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
- Prior experience in medical device manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.