You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday and with occasional rotating Saturdays. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6: 00 am to 10:00 pm) Monday through Friday and (7 am to 3 pm) Saturday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
This position supports the LHI Railroad contract. The contract involves scheduling appointments for applicants. as soon as possible. You would become part of a Blended Team that supports various contracts. We offer candidate the opportunity to grow into the role through training and support through scheduled training and ongoing development and discussion with your supervisor.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make contacts to schedule a variety of specific medical services in accordance with customer availability and contract guidelines. Respond to a variety of inquiries and resolves issues with regard to the appointment scheduling/fulfillment processing and service completion in a timely manner while maintaining sensitivity toward customers/employees.
- Conduct customer contacts related to Health Assessment processing, referral follow-up, educations and resource inquiries.
- Identify potential behavioral health situations and follow contract specific protocol to assist callers.
- Maintain constant awareness of service level and queue status in order to meet contractual requirements.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Customer service experience
- Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents)
- Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, copy, send and save spreadsheet)
- Microsoft Outlook (ability to use email and calendaring functions)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shfit between 6:00am and 10:00pm, M-F and to work rotating Saturdays (approximately every 7 weeks)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Prior military experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly into internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced call center environment using skills learned in training to meet inbound and outbound talk time goals
- Be able to work efficiently and multi-task while staying on script and creating a positive and productive customer service experience
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 - $22.02. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Provider Services, health care, office, phone support, training class, LHI, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO