Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The Lead R&D Engineer is responsible for leading the implementation of new software systems and modernizing existing software to use architecture principles. This includes leading the development of new systems and transformation of existing software to implement service-oriented architecture, microservice architecture principles and componentization. There is an additional emphasis on defining and driving integration of products into the Python ecosystem of scientific and engineering software, e.g. Jupyter Notebooks, Numpy, Pandas, etc.
- Defines and implements proofs-of-concept to demonstrate architecture and value
- Leads teams defining the architecture and design of new software modules and the transformation of existing models
- Documents best practices and guidelines, and mentors other teams on applying the architecture principles. Helps other teams with technical and implementation details
- Performs complex bug remediation, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions, collaborating with the QA/support team
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Operates without direct supervision and may function as a team leader, project manager, or software architect
- May be responsible for line management of a small technical team but primary duties are of an individual technical nature
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 8 years' experience, MS with 6 years' experience, or PhD with 4 years' experience
- Commercial experience leading teams to use REST, microservice architecture, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, software engineering principles and design patterns
- Working experiencewith and understanding ofmodernC++and Python
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with Flask/Django, NodeJS, Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, NumPy, continuous integration/continuous deployment, GitHub, database technology (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience leading projects and delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Ability to translate business needs into development plans
- Ability to overcome obstacles and drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and geographies, and to mentor junior developers
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto