Lead Product Manager, Learner Experience
We are seeking a Lead Product Manager, Learner Experience with at least 7 years of experience to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. This position allows for a combination of working remote and in the office. The ACT Headquarters office is located in Iowa City, Iowa.
The Lead Product Manager is responsible for leading the data and research backed experience strategy for the Direct to Learner Market, namely for the ACT National assessment and its companion products. They will also be the voice for the test taker, and their families in our strategic work and helping guide execution of that strateg. The Lead Product Manager will also be in charge of creating internal and external partnerships that further enhance market knowledge and subsequent product fit as measured by operating income for the product line.
What you will be working on:
- Provide strategic updates and proposals upwards to the Chief Product Officer, the Management Team and on to the Board of Directors
- Establish team goals, aligned with the management team and stated organizational goals
- Be an expert on market they support (namely Direct to Learner)
- Plan and execute cost-effective business strategies
- Develop strategic operating plans for the execution of the Direct to Leaner strategy
- Establish relationships with industry and market experts
- Own, and develop key internal relationships with business partners including but not limited to:
- Marketing and Communications team
- CORE (Content, operations, research and EIS)
- Center for Equity in Learning (CEL)
- Product Development Market Strategy & Research team
- Own, and develop key external relationships with business partners including but not limited to:
- Educational Foundations such as the Lumina Foundation
- Student and family representative groups
- Non-traditional education groups such as the National Home Schooling Association
- Build the company public profile through networking, conferences, and speaking engagements
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Up to date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Familiar with corporate law and management best practices
- Strong organizational skills and action-based problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and lead a high performing team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recognize, manage and mitigate risks; find resolutions and make sure appropriate escalation paths are taken and solutions executed
- Strong ability to manage change and adversity
- Must be able to build effective cross-functional teams; proactively handle conflict; handle difficult situations and people
- Strong relationship management skills are critical
- Collaboration \u2013 work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Communication \u2013 ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Initiative \u2013 uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Accountability - takes responsibility and follows through on commitments; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behavior
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Education or a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- 7 years' experience in marketing, product development, account management or related experience
- Experience in educational market, preferably in direct to learner/student/consumer model
- Experience in data/science, data analytics and/or informatics as it relates to commercial markets
- Experience in working with internal and external senior leadership and board level reporting
It's a plus if you have:
- Master's Degree
Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a cross functional team that is dedicated to serving the learner and our mission. We work to create opportunities for learners, their families and all of our internal and external stakeholders
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry\u2014helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!