It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Wafer Fab Advanced Grating Manufacturing Study
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum's optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum's commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
* To explore advanced grating manufacturing technologies including, but not limited to nanoimprint, Ebeam and DUV for AR/VR, LiDar applications.
* Work with internal manufacturing engineer team and external vendor to study and understand advanced grating manufacturing process and evaluate how to integrate the new grating technology with current manufacturing process and steps.
* Design of experiment (DOE) toward grating process validation and cost efficiency and generate technical report with conclusion and implementation plan.
* Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a PhD or Master's degree program in Physics, Optics, Material Science, Grating Patterning or related. Students must be returning to school following the internship.
* Some university lab experience with curricular projects.
* Proficient in office, and knowledge of industrial simulation programing software packages such as Matlab, Labview, Visual Basic.
* Experience with semiconductor process, optical characterization and control automation programming is a plus
At Lumentum you will find yourself in a great corporate culture. Lumentum offers excellent benefits, equitable salaries, challenging yet rewarding work and opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
Lumentum DIB Scholarship
Lumentum awarded scholarships of $10,000.00 to 10 of our 2022 U.S. based interns from underrepresented groups. We will also award scholarships in 2023. To be considered for the scholarship, the first thing you need to do is apply for a Lumentum internship so you can be considered for a job with us. To receive the DIB scholarship, you must complete a summer internship with Lumentum.