GardaWorld Security Services is looking for a talented and driven leader to manage our Human Resources Department for our San Francisco/Emeryville CA Branch!
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Previous Human Resources Management experience required.
Location: San Francisco/Emeryville CA
Included Benefits/Perks: Competitive salary, Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage. 401k offered, Holidays, and Paid Time Off.
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world's largest privately-owned security services company. We protect our clients' staff and assets, wherever they are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is responsible for providing HR direction and counsel to branch HR Team members, streamlining hiring processes to ensure consistent, effective and efficient hiring new team members, training, posting/reposting officers and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws within the assigned branch. The HRM role is 10% strategic and 90% tactical. The strategic portion consists of driving business results through solid people strategy and leadership, which includes the following four leadership principles - 1) hire great people, 2) set clear expectations, 3) provide the tools they need to succeed, 4) hold them accountable.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Leadership to branch HR team members - may supervise 3 or more office support staff between two offices.
* Oversee or manage selection, on-boarding and placement process specific to all new employees
* Oversee the on-boarding process to ensure compliance with company standards
* Communicate open and in process positions to all branch staff
* Distribute required weekly, monthly reporting
* Ensure compliance to GardaWorld required training including Welcome to GardaWorld, Supervisor Training, CPR, and Driver required assessments, training and checklist
* Facilitate employee engagement by co-writing eNPS action plans and encouraging officer recognition programs such as Officer of the Month and Making a Difference Awards
* Guarantee compliance for all state licensing requirements
* Enforce all state training requirements
* Support benefit communication during annual open enrollment and serve as ongoing liaison between officers and corporate office
* Ensure compliance with regulatory or collective bargaining requirements (where applicable)
* Process FMLA/LOA requests
* Manage all workers' compensation claims for the branch
* Ensure OSHA compliance and reporting for the branch
* Complete all requests for unemployment claims for the branch
* Responsible for creating a safety culture within the branch
* Facilitate branch progressive disciple policies and ensure it is executed fairly and consistently
* Respond to all Ethics & Compliance hotline alerts
* Investigate all allegations of policy violations
Qualifications specific to the Human Resources Manager role include:
* Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources field is required (Master's degree preferred)
* Experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
* SHRM-CP is preferred
* Previous HR Management experience working directly with hourly entry level staff is required
* Pass an extensive screening process including background check and pre employment drug screen