- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources and tools related to health, lifestyle change, and behavior modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content or teaching methods to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
- Answers questions and provides class participants w/ appropriate resources of information.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials, and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations, and timesheets or phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants, and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and license requirements, and department specific requirements.
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change, and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field to field of course instruction.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- License or professional credentials or certification in the field as appropriate to the course instruction.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
- Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and behavior change.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Education / Training,Education & Training
Department : Worksite Wellness
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.