The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data. Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Federal and state laws require employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you need any accommodation or assistance with our career site, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.
Development process engineer on PVD (including IBD) and CVD thin film deposition for Energy assisted Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (ePMR) technologies.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Develop thin film deposition processes for advanced writers with designed magnetic, thermal-mechanical, and electrical performance, set up and transfer new materials and processes from development to manufacturing.
- Work with Integration/Photo/Ion mill/CMP/RIE/Plating/Wet process teams to fit thin film processes into the framework of the overall process and device architecture.
- Perform design of experiments (DOE) and data analysis to understand process sensitivity and improve process capability.
- Analyze complex databases to assess and solve process issues; Conduct Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and tolerance analysis for high volume manufacturing.
- Aggressive experiment planning, project managements and wafer tracking to ensure new product launching schedule are met.
- MS or PhD degree in one of following areas: Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, EE, ME, Engineering.
- 2+ years of experiences in micro-fabrication processes. Experience in thin film magnetic head is a plus.
- Experience with vacuum thin film process technology such as PVD, CVD, IBD, and ALD, and thin film characterization.
- Strong data analysis skills are required (DOE, SPC, Regression and Multivariate analysis, Structure Query Language, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Abie to work with cross-functional teams are essential.
The ideal individual is highly motivated, flexible, and open-minded to a wide range of possible solutions. They are innovative, detail-oriented, organized, quality-conscious and strive to find and implement process solutions which result in new device capable of high volume production.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.