Group Exercise Instructor
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for planning and conducting results-oriented exercise classes for Members and Guests. This individual provides leadership and guidance in the studio through attentiveness to each Members exercise needs. Reports directly to the Fitness Director.
Day to Day:
- Always arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled class time and end classes on time
- Maintain a service-oriented environment within the group exercise studio, through the personal recognition of Members and in providing Members with the safest and most effective regimen in helping them achieve their fitness goals.
- Provide leadership and inspire confidence in the group exercise area, serving as a fitness role model.
- Design class curriculums using current fitness science and popular formats.
- Regularly update choreography and music playlists.
- Attend continuing education opportunities made available through various partners.
- Complete all class administrative work as required in the operating standards.
- Maintain the classroom equipment in good working condition and restock supplies as needed.
- Connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities. Promote interaction in and out of class settings.
- Accurately track attendance.
- Promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the club.
- Responsible for returning all equipment to proper storage areas (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking equipment/materials, etc.).
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including all exercise areas and equipment are in safe and effective working condition, and assuring that others are acting safely.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years experience as a Group Exercise Instructor. Ability to teach multiple formats a plus.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required. Undergraduate degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED as well as being a certified group exercise instructor (AFAA or ACE). Yoga instructors need minimum 200-hour training. Personal training certification a plus (NASM, ACSM, CSCS, NSCA).