Work you'll do
As a Government Health Actuary - Consultant in Deloitte's Human Capital Actuarial and Insurance Solutions Practice, you will assist Deloitte Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners in providing strategic and technical consulting services to Federal and State governments, employer groups, and other public entities.
At Deloitte, you can be a part of the transformation of the health care sector. Deloitte's health actuaries are participating in the development of evidence-based medicine, social drivers of health, and the transition of payments from paying for what is done to paying for the value provided. These types of problems require actuaries who are not only technically strong, but also can be innovative, capable of addressing ill defined, complex problems and have a business orientation.
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- 3 years of health actuary experience and consulting and/or health plan/insurance company experience
- 1 years' experience with Medicaid managed care rate setting
- ASA with progression to FSA, FSA, or career ASA designation
- Willingness to travel at least 25%
- Due to COVID-19, certain on-site client work has been suspended until further notice, however, on-site work may be required on a case-by-case basis for this position.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with Medicaid waivers (i.e., 1115, 1915 b/c, 1332)
- Experience with risk adjustment mechanisms
- Experience with health care reform and working knowledge of the individual medical and small group markets
- Experience with Medicare products, including Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement products for various enrollee types
- Familiarity with group insurance products including disability, long term care, etc.
- Experience with product design and/or product strategy
- Experience with reimbursement models including value based care/ACO modeling
- Ability to program using SQL
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $78,000 - $116,000. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.