Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
The Government Account Representative (GAR) is an outside sales role. You will penetrate all assigned accounts to develop relationships to achieve profitable revenue growth within your assigned geography. The GAR partners with established sales and service teams and contract owner(s) to grow sales among approximately 40-70 large local government, higher education, primary education or federal customers. The compensation is tied to the established sales targets and other account management tasks. The GAR will make 4-6 quality, revenue generating calls per day. You will report to the District Sales Manager, Gov't.
- Maintain an understanding of government contracts.
- Determine and prepare the appropriate "Grainger Value Proposition" to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account's purchasing needs.
- Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes time in the field and ensure you are building a sales plan that meets shared performance targets.
- Maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Grainger's CRM (Salesforce).
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
- 3 years of sales or relationship building experience
- High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.