Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Situated on 300 wooded acres in scenic Santa Cruz, the 156 room with 11 villas, Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular resort featuring breathtaking views of the Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains.
This award-winning resort is the ideal place to discover Santa Cruz at its most peaceful, providing guests ample opportunity to lounge and relax in wide open spaces amidst lush green landscaping. With 25,000 sqft of meeting space, a beautiful restaurant, spa and fitness center, the resort is an ideal location for weddings, meetings and relaxing getaways.
Salary: $200,000- $220,000 plus bonus
What you will have an opportunity to do:
At Benchmark Pyramid, our General Managers are proactive solution seekers, they lead by example, and continuously encourage and engage their team members. They will provide the strategic leadership required to achieve the fiduciary and quality goals of the owners, guests, stakeholders, and team members. The GM will ensure the effective and efficient operation of all facets of the resort while improving on the current model and be responsible for managing in a manner consistent with the mission, operating philosophy, standards and values of the property owners and Benchmark, the managing entity.
- Lead the staff to produce outstanding hospitality.
- Direct programs pertinent to increasing quality and profits.
- Ensure that Benchmark Hospitality resources are fully utilized to achieve the objectives.
- Establish a credible approach to management and marketing for the property – both real and perceived.
- Direct, manage, and oversee revenue generation and profitability for the property
- Strong Membership relation skills
- Ability to work with owners daily.
- Understanding how to impact and drive revenue.
- Lead the property strategic plan prior to the annual planning process
- Lead annual planning process, to include the sales and marketing plan, operating budget, capital budget, and human resource plan
- Drive new market and business development by overseeing an effective Sales effort.
- Uphold philosophy and values of Owners and Management Company, Keeping the corporate office and the Owners informed of important decisions, resort progress, etc. on a regular basis
- Maintaining a positive work environment at the property by building an outstanding team of the best talent, leading, and inspiring all employees to work to their highest capabilities to achieve the highest possible standards and holding the team accountable for results.
- Periodically prepare an evaluation of all work activities, and institute changes in systems and services offered by the Collection in every division and department.
- Develop and execute an effective communication plan to Owners, Guests, and Employees and establish liaisons with and provide special attention to key members and clients.
- Maintain good rapport with, and takes leadership role in, appropriate professional associations, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations, and community groups. Ensure that the property participates in relevant industry, trade, and community events.
- Develop and maintain good business and community relationships; support and participate in those business and community activities, which will benefit the property’s positioning.
- Identify meaningful achievement goals. Provide standards to measure performance. Facilitate EC and Management Team meetings
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service at a luxury level
- Taking frequent tours of the property to ensure that the quality of the facilities is maintained at the highest level
- Direct programs for training and development to enhance the owner and guest experience and ensure communication methods are in place for member and guest recognition and preferences
- Direct employee relations programs along with Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport between employees and management.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance program is appropriate and managed.
- Ensure regular walk through for cleanliness and maintenance.
- Lead Capital recommendations to improve property operations.
- Direct program to see that all Owners/Guests/Employee safety and health requirements are met.
- The ability to work in an environment with constant change. Be creative in the approach to problem solving, offerings, etc.
What are we looking for?
- Requires ability for highly complex conceptual thinking and developing creative solutions
- Previous experience running a muti-faceted Golf Resort a must
- Strong hotel sales background
- Minimum 5 years as GM of a full service hotel or resort required
- Must be able and willing to work within the confines of a budget.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.