Finance Business Partner
Robert Half is seeking a Finance Business Partner, who reports to either the Senior Manager, FP&A or the Manager FP&A, the Finance Business Partner owns relationships with Operating or Non-Operating leadership and acts as a trusted business advisor. Prepares analysis and models and may support one or more senior leadership team members. The Finance Business Partner may be the lead for ad hoc projects throughout the year such as building models in Adaptive Planning and design/development of Domo dashboards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage Financial Information
- Maintains deep understanding of the global financial data governance model as it relates to assigned portfolio. Proposes enhancements to the data model via deep understanding of the business, including evolutions in the business model and by maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with business, peers, and other corporate leadership team members.
- Responsible for monitoring and proposing enhancement to the KPI reporting strategy to enhance the accountability model for business owners within owned relationship (corporate leadership, field & Protiviti staffing leadership).
- Within owned executive relationship, lead & consolidate Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, including completing the necessary analysis, templates, and reports and drafting presentations for executive management. Recommend performance targets for AOP and ensure that plans are in place to deliver on agreed targets.
- Integrate with the company’s recruiting, compensation, real estate, and procurement processes, as relevant to assigned portfolio, to assure spending and investment remains in line approved budgets. Acts as a business partner to various Corporate Accounting teams to support accounting analyses such as cost rate reviews related to owned business relationships.
- Maintain a leadership role in a variety of business initiatives supporting simplification, FP&A metric conformance, business growth and productivity.
- Drive process improvements through identifying and leveraging best financial practices across the organization
- Provide Decision Support
- Partners with assigned business leaders (Corporate Services SVPs and EVPs, Operational Presidents, RMDs) to provide information, data, analysis and insights to result in data-driven, profit-increasing decisions.
- Actively partner with the assigned senior business leaders of the corporate and operational functions supported including financial and capital budgeting/forecasting and other high value analysis.
- Assists Senior Executive Management in monitoring against overall long-term strategic plans which requires in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive landscape, trends and economic and social implications of organizational activities.
- Create and deliver enhanced management reports / dashboards that allow business partners to better understand their business and make informed decisions. Work with peer group and reporting/BI teams to ensure consistency in reporting across peer groups.
- Provides assigned senior executive management with regular feedback and communication with respect to variations between plan and actuals, including the projected impact to future results, and communicates regularly with senior management throughout the reporting cycle, providing timely updates, expert analysis, and responses to inquiries.
- Supports training of senior field leadership in advanced financial concepts by taking a lead role in the preparation of models, demos, and training materials supporting such presentations.
- Talent Management
- Takes ownership of own career, seeking areas of opportunity for growth and development, obtaining, or maintaining active professional certifications and/or licenses. Attends professional development training regularly, including both internally and externally offered programs. Seeks to obtain and maintain leadership and expertise in the latest technologies and methodologies impacting Financial Planning & Analysis professionals.
- Financial Projects
- Participates as directed in approved and ad-hoc financial projects.
- Financial Regulatory Compliance
- Supports requests for information used in internal and external reporting on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required
- Foundational understanding of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements/guidelines, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- 5+ years’ experience within Corporate FP&A Function. Experience in public company, Fortune 500 environment strongly preferred.
- MS Office, including Intermediate/Advanced skills in Excel.
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Foundational understanding of financial statements and metrics and how to translate them into operational goals
- Manage processes and tasks and meet deadlines
- Agility to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to naturally analyze, prioritize, AND synthesize all types of information to allow timely and effective business impact on a consistent basis
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), ability to present to Senior Executive Leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively across a variety of cross-functional teams.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP