● Candidates must be local to Santa Clara.
● The Fiber Test Engineer constructs, installs, operates, repairs, and maintains CATV Broadband headend components.
● Skills to include reception and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, studio feed, and locally originated programming to the network utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber optic transmission technologies.
● Installs, maintains, provisions, checks, and adjusts headend equipment including CATV, telephony, high-speed data communications, networking, and other equipment specifics may vary
● Installs, evaluates, and troubleshoots fiber optic transport networks in a laboratory setting • Performs routine checks of RF levels and test source alignment • Performs evaluation of RF and data performance and reports findings
● Verifies QAM and OFDM levels for signal generating equipment
● Assists the supervisor with workflow, training, quality assurance and providing support and direction to other technicians
● Ensures transmission and distribution equipment and active test equipment meets specifications and standards
● Analyzes and troubleshoot problems for quick resolution in collaboration with worldwide Field Service team
● Maintains accurate inventory of headend and network elements
● Measures network performance and diagnose network problems using measurement and diagnostic tools and methods
● Ensures installation, documentation and turn-up of circuits and equipment conform to engineering standards